I Am Getting Medically Retired From The Army Va Is So Backed Up They Said Could Use A Civilian Doc Im In Colorado Springs Ive Had Three Failed Spinal

Josh81 Says:

I am getting medically retired from the army va is so backed up They said I could use a civilian doc Im in Colorado Springs Ive had three failed spinal fusions and Im looking for a doctor that will listen about the meds Im on and why I think I should stay the same

4 Replies

Earliest Newest Votes
David Says:


What type of doctor are you seeking? If you're in need of a pain doctor, posted below are a couple webpages specific to locating pain management doctors and specialists in a given area. All you have to do is input your city or zip code for narrowed results:
{link removed because site no longer exists}

You can give this other page a try too if you come up with different results for some reason or another:

I'd consider calling up a number of them to see if they are accepting new patients. You may even want to go in person to get a real vibe for the doctor.

I hope this helps in any way!

Was this helpful? 0
Josh Says:

No that is helpful I'm just looking for more of primary care doctors and people's expierence with those drs in the springs

Was this helpful? 0
Verwon Says:

Your best bet is most likely a pain management specialist, since there are new restrictions in place and tightening of old ones that have made it more difficult for general practitioners and surgeons to treat chronic pain on a long-term basis.

And when you contact them to make an appointment, that isn't the time to ask about them prescribing anything specific, as most will see that as drug seeking behavior and won't even let you get in the door.

You need to set up an appointment first and then make sure that they get a full copy of your current medical records. If they can see the documented surgery details, tests and what has and hasn't worked for you as documented by fellow physicians, they will be more likely to prescribe accordingly.

Does anyone have a doctor they can recommend in the area?

Was this helpful? 0
Tommy Says:

Meds Chat Discussion

Hi, I am new here to Colorado Springs and have a slipped disc and bulging disc. I'm looking for a doctor to prescribe me opioid medication to help me with my severe pain. It gets so bad I literally can't get out of bed or move positions without having help or being carried. I need to find a doctor fast before it gets that bad again. It had subsided and now is acting up again. I have MRI's to show that these conditions are true and not made up. A lot of doctors think I'm just looking for drugs because I'm only 28 with tattoos and piercings. They assume "drug seeker" without even really talking to me or looking at my MRI's. Yes, I've had past substance abuse problems but have been clean for 3 1/5 years. I do attend the methadone clinic solely for the purpose of not going into withdrawals. It does not help with any of my pain issues or get me "high." Once they see that they automatically dismiss me. I'm not trying to get "high" I just want the pain gone, so I can function normally to do everyday simple tasks!! So does anyone know of a Dr. in Colorado Springs that won't judge me for my appearance/past history, that will listen to me, and will put me on the right medications.

Was this helpful? 0

More Discussions:

iam suffering from seizures and using levipill 500mg on doctor advise but after the same i getting ocassional at bed time what ha

I am suffering from seizures since last one year using levipill 500mg on doctor advise. But ocassionally the seizures ar...

My Son Is 3 And Half Year Old He Suffering From Blader Extrophy Doctor Advised Him To Give Septran Syrup For One What Are The Benefits Side Effects

my son aged 3 years & 8 month suffering from Blader extrophy , he is giving depsonil tablets ( dose half morning &am...

ive been taking hydrocodone 7 5 325 for awhile sometimes i get nausea and throw up at end its alittle blood could that b from an ulcer

Im scared when that happens throwing up little blood at end . I have 2 herniated discs in lower back and degenarative ne...

pregabalin and methylocobalamin is prescribed by my doctor for getting relief from pain & burning sensation i had in my left palm

i am diagnosed as having hypocalcification after i felt severe pain & burning sensation in right leg . Next time i f...

how to find a physician who will give me the treatment i was getting from my former doctor in sc

I was prescribed 120 oxy 30s and 120 2 mg xanax as well as some other medication but non narcotic and I broke my neck in...

I was discharged from pain management cuz my exwife wrote the doc n said I was selling my pills. My UA was positive for opiates but he still discharge

I need to find find a docor but noone will treat me I was doing fine on mscontin 40 mg three times a day and ms contin 1...

FDA They make the rules, because of all the pill billies!! People like me have a hard enough time getting pain relief!!

can kiss my ass! They do not know the pain i live with and i actually work! Maybe i should just grab a Kane like the res...

I Tried To Fill My Percription Of 180 8 Mg Hydromorphone At Walgreens And They Said Had Call Doctor Get A Code From Them Ito It

Walgreens won't fill my percription of 180 , 8 mg hydromorphone without contacting doctor to get a code to fill is t...

doctor in colorado springs that will prescribe benzo

I recently moved to colorado springs from florida... I have PTSD, anxiety, depression and seizures the list goes on and ...

Colorado Springs Doctors That Will Prescribe Oxycodone

Someone please help, I am 24 I just got out of the army recently and have moderate to severe degenerative disc disease, ...